From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Too many invalid recipients. (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 05:38:54
1 On March 29, 2017 7:24:15 AM GMT+02:00, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 >On 03/28/2017 10:57 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >[snip
4 >>>>[69.49.....] said: 550 5.7.1 <>... Too many
5 >>>> invalid recipients. (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
6 >>>>
7 >>>> How to setup postfix correctly?
8 >>>>
9 >>>> The only syscon7.localdomain is the entry from /etc/hosts
10 >>>>
11 >>>> in: /etc/mail/aliases I have:
12 >>>> root: thelma@×××××××××××.com
13 >>>>
14 >>>> So why postfix is sending it to: <root@×××××××.localdomain>
15 >>>
16 >>> "man aliases" will probably give you the answer.
17 >>>
18 >>> --
19 >>> Regards
20 >>> wabe
21 >>
22 >> No, it will not!
23 >>
24 >> The explanation is here:
25 >>
26 >https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/21895287/SMTP-550-Too-many-invalid-recipients.html
27 >>
28 >> --
29 >> Thelma
30 >
31 >I don't run an internal mail server but was wondering is there an easy
32 >way to configure the postfix so it will keep local mail (portage
33 >notifications, hylafax etc) away from system provider.
34 >My boxes are connected over VPN.
35 >
36 >When I was setting up a new box today, something happen to cron email
37 >notification I started receiving bunch of emails like:
38 >Cron <root@i5> root test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons && /usr/sbin/run-crons
39 >
40 >So provide mail server block my internal system emails from passing
41 >through their server.
42 >
43 >--
44 >Thelma
45
46 There are plenty of howtos, guides and documents online detailing how to do this with a variety of mail servers.
47
48 Please use Google.
51 Joost
52 --
53 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.