From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 19:35:59
1 On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Alexander Kapshuk <
2 alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 9:26 PM, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 >> If I run poweroff from root, the system shuts down, however when I run
7 >> poweroff from user -- command not found. How to shut down the system from
8 >> user? Thanks
9 >>
10 >> --
11 >> German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
14 > poweroff(1) says:
15 > If you're not the superuser, you will get the message `must be supe‐
16 > ruser'.
17 >
18 > Either run poweroff as the superuser, or if you're running Gnome, KDE,
19 > XFCE, etc., you may use the shutdown option available in those desktop
20 > environments.
21 >
22 > Others might suggest other ways of doing it.
25 It's actually poweroff(8). Sorry.