From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 22:39:12
1 On Saturday, March 21, 2015 9:35:44 PM Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Alexander Kapshuk <
3 > alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 9:26 PM, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> If I run poweroff from root, the system shuts down, however when I run
8 > >> poweroff from user -- command not found. How to shut down the system from
9 > >> user? Thanks
10 > >>
11 > >> --
12 > >> German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
13 > >>
14 > >>
15 > > poweroff(1) says:
16 > > If you're not the superuser, you will get the message `must be supe‐
17 > > ruser'.
18 > >
19 > > Either run poweroff as the superuser, or if you're running Gnome, KDE,
20 > > XFCE, etc., you may use the shutdown option available in those desktop
21 > > environments.
22 > >
23 > > Others might suggest other ways of doing it.
26 > It's actually poweroff(8). Sorry.
27
28 That's actually sysvinit poweroff...systemd's is different.
29 --
30 Fernando Rodriguez