From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Real Time kernel patch
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:43:47
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > 1) Install layman
6 > 2) Hook yourself up to the pro-audio overlay
7 > 3) Emerge rt-sources
8 > 4) Enjoy
11 > If you need info on how to set up the configuration either write back
12 > here or contact me directly off line.
13
14 Hello Mark,
15
16 I'm building up a system now I can devote to
17 exploring rt kernels. My application needs
18 are quite similar to audio requirements. Audio
19 will be a good application to initially set
20 up and run some tests/benchmarks.
23 My interests is
24 massive IO across
25 a variety of hardware ports, simultaneously.
26
27 Research on SCADA systems with 3D graphics to be specific.
30 Thanks for the info,
31
32 James
35 James