From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vlc-1.1.4 won't shoutcast?
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 16:30:21
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 03 October 2010 15:41:43 Vincent-Xavier JUMEL wrote:
3 >
4 >> Le 03 octobre à 14:05 Mick a écrit
7 >>> It doesn't show up in the menu anymore. The previous version was working
8 >>> fine. Am I missing some crafty USE flag?
9 >>>
10 >> If you're using vlc 1.1.0 or above, you should have read
11 >> http://www.videolan.org/press/2010-1.html which informs about the
12 >> situation and why the VLC team had had to removed it.
13 >>
14 > Thanks, I can see why now. The page mentions icecast as an alternative and
15 > the fact that this is available as an Addon for vlc, but can't find anywhere
16 > how to add it on ...
20 I know nothing about vlc or icecast but I did google and find this.
21
22 http://en.flossmanuals.net/VLC/StreamingIcecast
23
24 It may help, it may not. Let's hope. ;-)
25
26 Dale
27