From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Alsa RTC and extending swap space
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:58:56
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: krgn [mailto:k.gebbert@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: 25 August 2005 13:00
4 > To: Gentoo List
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Alsa RTC and extending swap space
8 > Hello,
9 >
10 > Has anyone experience with the Alsa RTC-module and how install it? My
11 > problem is only how apply the diff-files to the kernel and I
12 > would like
13 > to know how to do it. Just how to generally do that sort of thing.
14 > Can anyone give me a quick tipp? Would it make a SIGNIFICANT
15 > difference
16 > to the normal timer? I just read about that in a README in the newest
17 > SEQ24 package www.filter24.org/seq24 I attached the file. They way Rob
18 > put it there, it would actually be quite a performance improvement.
19 >
20 > Also, how can one extend the swap partition after a
21 > ram-upgrade without
22 > messing everything up? Is it just writing another partition table?
25 Sorry, can't help with the Alsa question, but if you have increased your
26 RAM you may wish to *reduce* as opposed to extend your swap, because
27 your system will have less need for it.
28 --
29 Regards,
30 Mick
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list