From: krgn <k.gebbert@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Alsa RTC and extending swap space
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:03:44
1 Hello,
2
3 Has anyone experience with the Alsa RTC-module and how install it? My
4 problem is only how apply the diff-files to the kernel and I would like
5 to know how to do it. Just how to generally do that sort of thing.
6 Can anyone give me a quick tipp? Would it make a SIGNIFICANT difference
7 to the normal timer? I just read about that in a README in the newest
8 SEQ24 package www.filter24.org/seq24 I attached the file. They way Rob
9 put it there, it would actually be quite a performance improvement.
10
11 Also, how can one extend the swap partition after a ram-upgrade without
12 messing everything up? Is it just writing another partition table?
13
14 I'm on Gentoo 2.6.12-gentoo-r6
15 Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
18 Thanks,