From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 09:41:02
1 On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 1:35 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com> writes:
3 >> On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 9:07 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> How is that more reliable?
6 >>
7 >> It's more reliable than using the kernel's names because the names
8 >> won't change UNLESS there's kernel/driver/firmware change for that
9 >> NIC. I doubt that these changes occur that often. Perhaps someone else
10 >> knows.
11 >
12 > What happens more often: That a network card is replaced with a
13 > different one or that the software changes?
14
15 In my experience the former. But it's just my experience...
16
17 I've also not come across a kernel//driver/firmware change on a system.