From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Qt5 - should I worry?
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 01:10:50
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 15:24:35 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I might add, this is why when I read a email, I try to put the most
5 >> positive light on it. Sometimes even a native English speaker just
6 >> doesn't quite get the right thing to come out. Add in spelling errors
7 >> and such or someone speaking English as a second or even third language
8 >> and you can really get a mess. Let's not get into those translation
9 >> thingys either. LOL
10 >>
11 >> I'll be glad when spell checkers add "thingy" to the list. ;-)
12 > You can add "thingy" to your personal dictionary, although the spell
13 > checker will still correctly point out that "thingys" is incorrect, the
14 > plural is "thingies". This is where your use of that word to signify an
15 > initrd or initramfs is superior, I cannot work out the correct plural
16 > of initramfs!
20 Yea, I added it once and for some reason, likely a upgrade, it sort of
21 got deleted. After a couple times, I just let the red wiggly line annoy
22 the crap out of me. lol
23
24 Yea, I got tired of trying to figure out what was called what. The word
25 thingy hit me and I use it for the init thingys, thingies, and a few
26 other things now. Just don't get me started on hal again. That thingy
27 still pisses me off. I need a blood pressure pill now. I wish I could
28 forget that thing. :/
29
30 Dale
31