From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing Gentoo as a xen guest
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:09:12
1 On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 9:50 AM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > Sounds like pvgrub. I never looked into setting that up, afaiui, it mounts the
4 > guest filesystem, grabs the grub.cfg, grabs the kernel listed there, umounts,
5 > then boots the guest.
8 Indeed, that is exactly the behavior Amazon has, and I'm pretty sure
9 their "logs" show pvgrub in the output.
10
11 From their standpoint it probably gives them a really easy way to make
12 guest filesystems self-contained without the need to tweak the
13 hypervisor environment to make each guest run.
17 Rich