From: forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 09:21:00
1 On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 11:08:08AM +0200, Sebastian Be?ler wrote:
2 > Am 02.10.2009 10:52, schrieb forgottenwizard:
3 > > It isn't always on the users sytem. Providing a non-existent default
4 > > seems quite broken to me.
5 >
6 > By DEFAULT it is on EVERY Gentoo-system.
7 > If you CHOOSE to remove the default then you have to be prepared that
8 > something may be broken after that.
9 >
10 > You could never be certain that anything set as default is existent on
11 > the system. Even if a distro would remove the possibility to uninstall
12 > the default with the help of the package manager so is there always rm
13 >
14 > So every default could be a non-existent default.
17 So then I should keep everything installed on my system just in case it
18 might break a package in the future?
19
20 There have been ways mentioned that this can be solved. If nothing else
21 there should be a warning (and possibly a dependency) that nano IS the
22 default editor for sudo, whether you like it or not.