From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Office web filtering
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 22:13:19
1 On 8 Nov 2008, at 20:16, Amar Cosic wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk
3 > > wrote:
4 >> ...
5 >> So what I'd prefer is really some kind of system that pops up a
6 >> message "this site cannot be displayed because it is in the filter
7 >> category [pr0n|frivolous]; if you would like to see it anyway,
8 >> please enter your username & password". I used to work at a place
9 >> that displayed a similar message & allowed with a single click a
10 >> user to submit to the admin websites that had been blacklisted in
11 >> error; so I am sure something like this is possible, I just don't
12 >> know if it's available in open-source.
13 >
14 > I use opendns.com at work. HTH
15
16 This doesn't easily fulfil the requirement to assign different
17 browsing rights to different users (never mind the ones to filter non-
18 porn sites or enable those sites at different times).
19
20 Thanks, though.
21
22 Stroller.