From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Application Menu" missing on Desktop after KDE/Plasma update from 5.16.5 to 5.17.4
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 09:20:42
1 On Saturday, 28 December 2019 09:17:36 GMT Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > On 28.12.19 09:18, Dale wrote:
3 > > Dan Johansson wrote:
4 > >> On 27.12.19 22:53, Dale wrote:
5 > >> I'll try and create a new user and see what happens...
6 > >>
7 > >> I'll be back (with the results).
8 > >
9 > > Trying a different/new user will give the same results. Renaming the
10 > > config files to .old or something then testing will allow you to go back
11 > > if it doesn't help. You just rename and remove .old. Just delete the
12 > > new one first. Still, either way will work. I have a dale2 user just
13 > > for that purpose I might add.
14 > >
15 > > Given everything is there, I'm not sure what to try next. I was hoping
16 > > someone else would have a idea.
17 >
18 > Bad news (for me) (;-)
19 >
20 > I created a new user and for this user everything works as it should -
21 > now I just have to figure out the best way to somehow recreate my
22 > personalized setup after moving the old configuration out of the way.
23 >
24 > Greetings,
25
26 Instead of recreating all your user settings, I'd start by diffing the two
27 users directories. This would point to files which are probably irrelevant to
28 your issue, e.g. application files, and consequently leave you with some
29 generic desktop configuration files to compare.
32 Regards,
33
34 Mick