From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin's nfs:// kioslave transfers files slowly
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 07:23:29
1 Am 09.05.2013 17:01, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Dolphin has a kioslave for nfs, used as nfs:// and mine runs slowly :-)
5 >
6 > A transfer from my laptop to my media server using a regular nfs mount
7 > runs at max speed (100Mb) over the LAN.
8 > Using nfs:// it's 15% of that at most, usually around 10Mb or so.
9 > I see the same thing at the office when comparing smb:// and a regular
10 > smbfs mount using cifs.
11 >
12 > I'm clueless about where to even start looking :-)
13 > What could explain this behaviour?
14 >
15 > [nfs:// and smb:// seem to use libs that implement those protocols, much
16 > like how XBMC uses libnfs, KDE just doesn't use the libnfs project to do it]
19 Try watching it in Wireshark and compare a normal NFS mount vs. Dolphin.
20
21 Regards,
22 Florian Philipp