From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: SCIRE Project
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:46:02
1 Daniel van Ham Colchete <daniel.colchete@...> writes:
4 > Setting the project aside, I'm thinking about developing my own
5 > installer to install a catalyst's stage4 and reboot a working Gentoo.
6 > After that I'm thinking about using emerge with binary packages to
7 > install updates automatically. What do you think? Will it work? Is it
8 > possible to rollback an update if something goes wrong?
11 www.cfengine.org has been around for a very long time. My suggestion
12 is you read about it and add to the basic functions of CFengine
13 the unique scripts you need.
14
15 'eix cfengine' should get you going.
16
17 This has been on my todo list for quite some time, I just never
18 seem to get around to it.
19
20 hth,
21 James