From: James Wall <wallservices@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how ati close source driver works with console framebuffer?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 13:24:56
1 On Apr 6, 2011 7:12 AM, "fei huang" <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > hi all, I use ati-drivers started from 10.11, and replace my radeon driver
4 from xorg-drivers, the documents already mentioned my previous working
5 radeonfb drivers will no longer work, but no any solutions for user who is
6 willing to use framebuffer console as before. I googled but no luck, some
7 says vesa works, but seems not working for me. any advices pls.
8 >
9 > thanks
10 >
11 > fei
12 To use vesa you need to add a vga=795 on the kernel command line for 1280 x
13 1024 screen resolution. For more options put vga=ask on the kernel command
14 line to see what resolutions available in hexadecimal. For example 0x31B
15 equals 795 in decimal.
16 Hope that helps.
17 James Wall