From: Gregory Fontenele <gregoryfontenele@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how ati close source driver works with console framebuffer?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 15:16:16
1 want to leave this list but I can not, can someone erase me from this list?
2
3 On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:23, James Wall <wallservices@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > On Apr 6, 2011 7:12 AM, "fei huang" <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > hi all, I use ati-drivers started from 10.11, and replace my radeon
9 > driver from xorg-drivers, the documents already mentioned my previous
10 > working radeonfb drivers will no longer work, but no any solutions for user
11 > who is willing to use framebuffer console as before. I googled but no luck,
12 > some says vesa works, but seems not working for me. any advices pls.
13 > >
14 > > thanks
15 > >
16 > > fei
17 > To use vesa you need to add a vga=795 on the kernel command line for 1280 x
18 > 1024 screen resolution. For more options put vga=ask on the kernel command
19 > line to see what resolutions available in hexadecimal. For example 0x31B
20 > equals 795 in decimal.
21 > Hope that helps.
22 > James Wall
28 Atenciosamente,