From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] New HD monitor stretches everything. How to teach Xorg?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 02:28:04
1 I had to replace an 4:3 Westinghouse monitor this weekend. I got a new ASUS
2 VH242H, which is very wide. But Xorg is still running 1280x1024, instead of
3 the monitor's normal 1920x1080, according to xorg logs because of lack of
4 video memory (using the ATI on the motherboard). I can make the screen use
5 a 4:3 aspect ratio, so I'm up and running, much better than I started, but
6 I'd like to do better.
7
8 I guess I've gotta look for a video card, but all I have is PCIX slots, so I
9 don't want to put a lot of money into it (I'll be upgrading the mobo when
10 finances permit -- which is not right now.)
11
12 Any ideas?
15 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD