From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] reiserfsck failing.
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:39:52
1 On Friday 14 August 2009 13:36:31 William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I am trying increase a large reiserfs partition - from ~680GB to ~1.6TB
3 > - the lvm part has worked as has resize_reiserfs, when trying to do a
4 > final reiserfsck it hangs - always on a different file but in a simlar
5 > directory. The kernel doesnt have large file support, but I thinks
6 > thats for over 2TB so whats the problem?
7 >
8 > Using reiserfsprogs 3.6.19-r2 with 2.6.28 gentoo-sources.
11 ls -al /the/faulty/directory
12
13 if you see lots of ???'s, the file system is toast and I hope you have
14 backups.
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com