From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] reiserfsck failing.
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:03:02
1 On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 13:38 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Friday 14 August 2009 13:36:31 William Kenworthy wrote:
3 > > I am trying increase a large reiserfs partition - from ~680GB to ~1.6TB
4 > > - the lvm part has worked as has resize_reiserfs, when trying to do a
5 > > final reiserfsck it hangs - always on a different file but in a simlar
6 > > directory. The kernel doesnt have large file support, but I thinks
7 > > thats for over 2TB so whats the problem?
8 > >
9 > > Using reiserfsprogs 3.6.19-r2 with 2.6.28 gentoo-sources.
12 > ls -al /the/faulty/directory
13 >
14 > if you see lots of ???'s, the file system is toast and I hope you have
15 > backups.
18 Nothing obvious with a with a quick look - I am running another check
19 and will look closer where it stops.
20
21 Nothing critical stored there - mythtv recordings, duplicate backups
22 (dirvish) of other systems and the like. I have separate backups of
23 some myth config files so I can lose it. Probably will have to
24 eventually but Ive tried ext2 and ext3 but they cant take the thrashing
25 dirvish gives a file system (or anything else it seems - dont know why
26 they have a good reputation because my usage doesnt show it ...)
27
28 BillK