From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sqlite3 not available in python3?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 23:44:04
1 n952162 wrote:
2 > On 11/16/20 12:00 AM, n952162 wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I'm trying to convert python2 scripts to python3.  A script which
5 >> works under python2 gives me this under python3:
6 >>
7 >> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sqlite3'
8 >>
9 >> Any ideas?
10 >>
11 > Just by way of comparison:
14 > $ python -m pdb ~/p/it/bookmarks/brep -A add-on -p '*default'
15 > > .../brep(10)<module>()
16 > -> import sys
17 > (Pdb) n
18 > > .../brep(11)<module>()
19 > -> import getopt
20 > (Pdb) n
21 > > .../brep(12)<module>()
22 > -> import json
23 > (Pdb) n
24 > > .../brep(13)<module>()
25 > -> import re
26 > (Pdb) n
27 > > .../brep(14)<module>()
28 > -> import glob
29 > (Pdb) n
30 > > .../brep(15)<module>()
31 > -> import os
32 > (Pdb) n
33 > > .../brep(16)<module>()
34 > -> import sqlite3
35 > (Pdb) n
36 > ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sqlite3'
37 > > .../brep(16)<module>()
38 > -> import sqlite3
42 Just some additional info.  I monitor -dev and I think python 3.6 and
43 3.7 is going away soon.  I'm not sure about 3.8.  I recall seeing a few
44 mentions about updating to one of the latest versions instead of just
45 going up one and then having to repeat in the not so distant future to
46 the next higher slot.  I say that because of this.  If you are updating
47 your scripts, may as well go to the highest version you can so that you
48 can be done with this for a much longer time period than just going up
49 one step.
50
51 Someone else, a dev maybe, may be able to shed more details on this.
52 Just thought it might be something you would want to look into and
53 perhaps save yourself some time and effort.
54
55 Dale
56