From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sqlite3 not available in python3?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 23:47:51
1 On 11/16/20 12:43 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > n952162 wrote:
3 >> On 11/16/20 12:00 AM, n952162 wrote:
4 >>> I'm trying to convert python2 scripts to python3.  A script which
5 >>> works under python2 gives me this under python3:
6 >>>
7 >>> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sqlite3'
8 >>>
9 >>> Any ideas?
10 >>>
11 >> Just by way of comparison:
14 >> $ python -m pdb ~/p/it/bookmarks/brep -A add-on -p '*default'
15 >>> .../brep(10)<module>()
16 >> -> import sys
17 >> (Pdb) n
18 >>> .../brep(11)<module>()
19 >> -> import getopt
20 >> (Pdb) n
21 >>> .../brep(12)<module>()
22 >> -> import json
23 >> (Pdb) n
24 >>> .../brep(13)<module>()
25 >> -> import re
26 >> (Pdb) n
27 >>> .../brep(14)<module>()
28 >> -> import glob
29 >> (Pdb) n
30 >>> .../brep(15)<module>()
31 >> -> import os
32 >> (Pdb) n
33 >>> .../brep(16)<module>()
34 >> -> import sqlite3
35 >> (Pdb) n
36 >> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sqlite3'
37 >>> .../brep(16)<module>()
38 >> -> import sqlite3
41 > Just some additional info.  I monitor -dev and I think python 3.6 and
42 > 3.7 is going away soon.  I'm not sure about 3.8.  I recall seeing a few
43 > mentions about updating to one of the latest versions instead of just
44 > going up one and then having to repeat in the not so distant future to
45 > the next higher slot.  I say that because of this.  If you are updating
46 > your scripts, may as well go to the highest version you can so that you
47 > can be done with this for a much longer time period than just going up
48 > one step.
49 >
50 > Someone else, a dev maybe, may be able to shed more details on this.
51 > Just thought it might be something you would want to look into and
52 > perhaps save yourself some time and effort.
53 >
54 > Dale
55 >
59 Good to think ahead.  Thank you.