From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: LINGUAS make.conf variable being ignored?
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 15:42:04
1 On 2018-01-06, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Friday, 5 January 2018 20:19:19 GMT Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> It looks like most of the other broken packages just get rebuilt with
5 >> no languages supported (which means they probably still work for an
6 >> english speaker).
7 >
8 > Ahem! American "English", I think you mean.
9
10 Yes, though for most programs [spell-checkers being the obvious
11 exception] and most non-US English speakers who expected en_GB, I
12 doubt they'd have any problems using programs that were speaking US
13 English instead of British English (are there others in use besides
14 en_GB?).
17 Grant