From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LINGUAS make.conf variable being ignored?
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 15:51:27
1 On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 15:39:45 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > Ahem! American "English", I think you mean.
4 >
5 > Yes, though for most programs [spell-checkers being the obvious
6 > exception] and most non-US English speakers who expected en_GB, I
7 > doubt they'd have any problems using programs that were speaking US
8 > English instead of British English (are there others in use besides
9 > en_GB?).
10
11 Indeed there are, there's a whole world out there beyond the borders of
12 the USA ;-)
13
14 grep linguas_en /var/portage/profiles/use.desc
15 linguas_en - English locale
16 linguas_en_AU - English locale for Australia
17 linguas_en_CA - English locale for Canada
18 linguas_en_GB - English locale for Britain
19 linguas_en_US - English locale
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 All generalizations are false, including this one.