From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stage3 only for i486?
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 23:42:13
1 On 04/02/2013 12:17 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > Oh, and "gentoo is fast" is a nono swear word these days. That's ricing
4 > :-) Nowadays we say the benefit of gentoo is USE so you get what *you*
5 > want :-)
8 When I'm asked, I say that gentoo is extremely flexible and can be
9 tailored in almost infinite ways depending on its application.
10
11 It's why I'm still using it on the desktop, maintenance time be damned.
12 I've tried other distros and always come back to gentoo. The lack of
13 flexibility with other package managers (or lack of being able to
14 replace the default package manager) on other distros is very
15 disappointing. Guess I've been spoiled too much...
16
17 Dan