From: nunojsilva@×××××××.pt
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Bounced messages
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 19:43:41
1 On 2019-10-31, Mick wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday, 31 October 2019 16:06:15 GMT Dale wrote:
4 >> Mick wrote:
5 >
6 >> > I'm getting the same. On the same message(s). On user@ only.
7 >>
8 >> I sent for and got the help thingy and tried to get it to send me the
9 >> missed messages. So far, I've yet to get anything including a error
10 >> that I did it wrong. Have you tried to retrieve the missed messages and
11 >> if so, did it work? Unless it takes a while to process, it seems it
12 >> isn't working.
13 >>
14 >> Do we need to alert someone to this? I saw in the message source that
15 >> there is a owner email addy or we could file a bug??
16 >
17 > This is not a problem for me. I can read the original bounced message either
18 > via responses provided to it, or if not (fully) quoted in the response, at the
19 > Mailing List archives - e.g. for message 188380:
20 >
21 > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/message/
22 > 805899603d74dd747515c1d5e63f5ebe
23 >
24 > Incidentally, I think most frequently the bounced messages were sent from
25 > Mr.Grimes.
26
27 I suppose it might be Yahoo's DMARC policy, see, for example:
28
29 https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC
30
31 Alan Grimes' e-mail address seems to be from Verizon, which is, if I
32 understand correctly, Yahoo Mail.
33
34 If that is the case, I guess Gmail is not marking these messages as
35 SPAM, but rejecting them as a result of the DMARC policy, and the
36 message you get is from the mailing list software at gentoo.
39 Nuno Silva