From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine : (1) which CPU ?
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 01:29:14
1 120720 Dale wrote to me as OP:
2 > If you need help with this, i'd be glad to help you pick parts
3 > for your build. The biggest thing is to make sure things work together.
4
5 Thanks for the offer & the other advice from everyone so far.
6 I built machines successfully in 2000 2003 2007
7 & am still using the last 2 , tho' the 2007 mobo failed (ASUS)
8 & its replacement is showing minor bugs (glad I got in-store warranty).
9 Therefore, I'm not looking for basic advice how to put a box together.
10
11 I'm also willing to pay for a fast upto-date CPU,
12 but not of course whatever came out just last week,
13 which will soon drop in price & will still need some bugs sorting out.
14 I don't have to choose between a good CPU & a good SSD
15 & expect to get a competitive price from Canada Computers, as before.
16
17 Any further thoughts re Intel vs AMD wb very welcome.
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca