From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrecord - devname - was burning a dvd+r dl...
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:05:32
1 KH wrote:
2 > Joerg Schilling schrieb:
3 >
4 >> KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
8 >>> man says: dev=scsibus,target,lun
9 >>>
10 >>> #cdrecord -dao -v -gracetime=3 -dev=5,0,0 dvd.iso
11 >>>
12 >>> so then I only can run this as root. On the other hand there is a Average write speed 7.3x.
13 >>> Running as user with the old command I only had 2.?x.
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >> Sorry, but I don't understand your problem.
17 >>
18 >> Please try to use a different wording
19 >>
20 >> Jörg
24 > Hi,
25 > I am sorry for my bad English.
26 > I used to run all my cdrecord commands as user. I am unable to run the
27 > command in the format using dev=scsibus,target,lun as user (I can do so
28 > as root), but I am able to burn a cd as user when using dev=/dev/cdrom.
29 > With the first method the average write speed seems to be much faster
30 > than with the second one.
31 > I just wander if this is normal behavior. I always followed
32 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_a_DVD:Burn where it says:
33 > "[snip]Replace /<device>/ with your dvd device (for example
34 > /dev/dvd)[snip]" So the wiki seems to be wrong, isn't it?
35 >
36 > kh
41 Is the user you are attempting to run these commands as a member of the
42 cd and cdrw groups? Usually if a command works as root but not a user,
43 it is a permissions problem which is fixed by being in the correct
44 group. I say usually.
45
46 Dale
47