From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrecord - devname - was burning a dvd+r dl...
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:46:21
1 Joerg Schilling schrieb:
2 > KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
5 >> man says: dev=scsibus,target,lun
6 >>
7 >> #cdrecord -dao -v -gracetime=3 -dev=5,0,0 dvd.iso
8 >>
9 >> so then I only can run this as root. On the other hand there is a Average write speed 7.3x.
10 >> Running as user with the old command I only had 2.?x.
13 > Sorry, but I don't understand your problem.
14 >
15 > Please try to use a different wording
16 >
17 > Jörg
20 Hi,
21 I am sorry for my bad English.
22 I used to run all my cdrecord commands as user. I am unable to run the
23 command in the format using dev=scsibus,target,lun as user (I can do so
24 as root), but I am able to burn a cd as user when using dev=/dev/cdrom.
25 With the first method the average write speed seems to be much faster
26 than with the second one.
27 I just wander if this is normal behavior. I always followed
28 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_a_DVD:Burn where it says:
29 "[snip]Replace /<device>/ with your dvd device (for example
30 /dev/dvd)[snip]" So the wiki seems to be wrong, isn't it?
31
32 kh