From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrecord - devname - was burning a dvd+r dl...
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:19:04
1 On Dienstag 07 Oktober 2008, KH wrote:
2 > Joerg Schilling schrieb:
3 > > KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
4 > >> man says: dev=scsibus,target,lun
5 > >>
6 > >> #cdrecord -dao -v -gracetime=3 -dev=5,0,0 dvd.iso
7 > >>
8 > >> so then I only can run this as root. On the other hand there is a
9 > >> Average write speed 7.3x. Running as user with the old command I only
10 > >> had 2.?x.
11 > >
12 > > Sorry, but I don't understand your problem.
13 > >
14 > > Please try to use a different wording
15 > >
16 > > Jörg
17 >
18 > Hi,
19 > I am sorry for my bad English.
20 > I used to run all my cdrecord commands as user. I am unable to run the
21 > command in the format using dev=scsibus,target,lun as user (I can do so
22 > as root), but I am able to burn a cd as user when using dev=/dev/cdrom.
23 > With the first method the average write speed seems to be much faster
24 > than with the second one.
25 > I just wander if this is normal behavior. I always followed
26 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_a_DVD:Burn where it says:
27 > "[snip]Replace /<device>/ with your dvd device (for example
28 > /dev/dvd)[snip]" So the wiki seems to be wrong, isn't it?
29 >
30 > kh
31
32 no