From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should I install pulseaudio to solve my phonon audio problems?
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:47:06
1 2012/8/20 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>
2
3 > On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM, João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > To install pulseaudio was the best thing I did since I enabled vdpau
5 > suport.
6 > >
7 > > It is running great to my needs: I'm now able to use my bluetooth
8 > headset,
9 > > my webcam mic, and the system is perfectly integrated. When I anwser a
10 > skype
11 > > call, the amarok player pauses itself untill the call finish.
12 > >
13 > > Just skype can't use the headset, but I'll work on it later.
14 >
15 > It's easy: go to Skype preferences, select Sound Devices, and set
16 > "PulseAudio server (local)" for microphone, speakers and ringing. Now
17 > emerge media-sound/pavucontrol, and run pavucontrol. With Skype
18 > running (and in the middle of a test call, for example, so it uses the
19 > soundcard), in the Playback tab of pavucontrol select the BT headset
20 > for the Skype application. Done; this is how I did it in my laptop
21 > right now:
24 Now, everything is the way I wanted! :)
25
26 thank u
29 João de Matos
30 Linux User #461527