From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should I install pulseaudio to solve my phonon audio problems?
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:12:17
1 On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM, João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > To install pulseaudio was the best thing I did since I enabled vdpau suport.
3 >
4 > It is running great to my needs: I'm now able to use my bluetooth headset,
5 > my webcam mic, and the system is perfectly integrated. When I anwser a skype
6 > call, the amarok player pauses itself untill the call finish.
7 >
8 > Just skype can't use the headset, but I'll work on it later.
9
10 It's easy: go to Skype preferences, select Sound Devices, and set
11 "PulseAudio server (local)" for microphone, speakers and ringing. Now
12 emerge media-sound/pavucontrol, and run pavucontrol. With Skype
13 running (and in the middle of a test call, for example, so it uses the
14 soundcard), in the Playback tab of pavucontrol select the BT headset
15 for the Skype application. Done; this is how I did it in my laptop
16 right now:
17
18 https://plus.google.com/u/0/115256116066287398549/posts/JX6kRciZ9zA
19