From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 04:17:04
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Tue 23 August 2011 15:06:25 Canek Peláez Valdés did opine thusly:
3 >
4 >>> Now if it had similarities to say hal, I would instantly
5 >>> understand. But dbus is good and useful in all the ways that
6 >>> hal isn't.
7 >>>
8 >> Wasn't. HAL is dead. From
9 >> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/hal
10 >>
11 > Sadly, HAL is not yet dead. It lives still.
12 >
13 > It lives on the production database server I just happen to be
14 > rebooting as I type this (another story for another time) and will
15 > continue to live here for a very very long time indeed.
16 >
17 > Dale can confirm this. Dale will swear in a court of law with hand on
18 > bible than hal lives on in zombie form, infesting all the matter of
19 > his house and computers, infecting them with their undead zombieness.
20 >
21 > Ye gods, it's been a long hard day....
25 Not here. I shot hal with a silver bullet and drove a stake into it a
26 long time ago. If that thing even twitches, I'll go Navy Seals on it.
27 O_O Man I love the 2nd amendment we have. ;-) Even the NSA wouldn't
28 be able to bring that back.
29
30 Dale
31