From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 19:45:16
1 On Tue 23 August 2011 15:06:25 Canek Peláez Valdés did opine thusly:
2 > > Now if it had similarities to say hal, I would instantly
3 > > understand. But dbus is good and useful in all the ways that
4 > > hal isn't.
5 > Wasn't. HAL is dead. From
6 > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/hal
7
8 Sadly, HAL is not yet dead. It lives still.
9
10 It lives on the production database server I just happen to be
11 rebooting as I type this (another story for another time) and will
12 continue to live here for a very very long time indeed.
13
14 Dale can confirm this. Dale will swear in a court of law with hand on
15 bible than hal lives on in zombie form, infesting all the matter of
16 his house and computers, infecting them with their undead zombieness.
17
18 Ye gods, it's been a long hard day....
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com