From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 19:51:54
1 On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue 23 August 2011 15:06:25 Canek Peláez Valdés did opine thusly:
3 >> > Now if it had similarities to say hal, I would instantly
4 >> > understand. But dbus is good and useful in all the ways that
5 >> > hal isn't.
6 >> Wasn't. HAL is dead. From
7 >> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/hal
8 >
9 > Sadly, HAL is not yet dead. It lives still.
10 >
11 > It lives on the production database server I just happen to be
12 > rebooting as I type this (another story for another time) and will
13 > continue to live here for a very very long time indeed.
14 >
15 > Dale can confirm this. Dale will swear in a court of law with hand on
16 > bible than hal lives on in zombie form, infesting all the matter of
17 > his house and computers, infecting them with their undead zombieness.
18 >
19 > Ye gods, it's been a long hard day....
20
21 I remember getting rid of HAL in one weekend, from all my computers.
22 It was a long weekend, but it was not as bad as getting rid of Qt from
23 all the computers in my office some years ago.
24
25 Regards.
26 --
27 Canek Peláez Valdés