From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:17:36
1 Am 23.08.2011 21:43, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2
3 > Sadly, HAL is not yet dead. It lives still.
4 >
5 > It lives on the production database server I just happen to be
6 > rebooting as I type this (another story for another time) and will
7 > continue to live here for a very very long time indeed.
8
9 WHY is HAL installed on a database server?
10 I still see desktop systems with HAL, last on an newish kubuntu of a
11 friend, but on a server? For what is HAL needed there?
12
13 Greetings
14
15 Sebastian Beßler