From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ebuild of Postgres-8.3.8 almost a catastrophe
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:57:12
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On 9 Nov 2009, at 10:25, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
4
5 > I assume this is an upstream decision, and may be expected to apply to
6 > 8.3.9, 8.3.10, ... also? I have no reason to "wait and see if this is
7 > resolved", I should be careful to do a dump and restore next time I
8 > upgrade?
9
10 NO. It was not an upstream change. Upstream changed to integer
11 timestamps by default in 8.4.0, the default did not change between 8.3.7
12 and 8.3.8. However, in typical gentoo manner, this is configurable by
13 the pg-intdatetime USE flag, which is not enabled by default.