From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Switching current java-vm for a single application
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 09:45:16
1 Hi James,
2
3 James wrote:
4
5 [snip]
6
7 > I suggest you file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org. Gentoo's java environment
8 > has/is undergoing major surgery and stability is a transient experince
9 > with java on gentoo, for the last decade. If you have ideas how to privide
10 > a patch (even a miniscule bandaid) I'd suggest you post on
11 > bugs.gentoo.org, as the gentoo-java team is tremendously understaffed.
12
13 If you refer Java applications that are *provided* by Gentoo ebuilds, you
14 might be right, but just for managing and switching JDK versions it is
15 really perfect and I am using Gentoo here more than a decade.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Jörg