From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Switching current java-vm for a single application
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 15:29:56
1 Leonardo Guilherme <leonardo.guilherme <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Hello.
5 > I'm using OpenJDK JVM regularly on my machine instead of Oracle's one,
6 primarily because of the infinality patches and because I prefer open source
7 software.
8 > There are some applications, though, that do not play ball with it
9 (namely, SenchaCmd) and I have to keep switching back and forth between
10 installed java-vms just to run it.
11 > I know nothing about Java or its environment, is there a way to specify
12 the java-vm just for this application instead of doing "eselect java-vm set
13 user 1; sencha *stuff*; eselect java-vm set user 3" everytime?
14 >
15 > Is there a set of environment variables that can do this? Shall I wrap the
16 command in a shell script? Ideas?
19 I suggest you file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org. Gentoo's java environment
20 has/is undergoing major surgery and stability is a transient experince
21 with java on gentoo, for the last decade. If you have ideas how to privide
22 a patch (even a miniscule bandaid) I'd suggest you post on bugs.gentoo.org,
23 as the gentoo-java team is tremendously understaffed.
26 hth,
27 James