From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail delivery agent (MDA) wanted
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 19:40:26
1 On 2021-12-12 14:25+0100 Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hey list,
4 >
5 > I am looking for an as-simple-as-possible setup for local mail
6 > delivery. What I mean by that is: the mail shall go into
7 > /var/spool/mail locally, which is why I deem it overkill to set up
8 > and run a complicated smtpd daemon with its own config file language.
9
10 mail-client/mailx provides /usr/bin/mail which can be used for looking
11 at mail in /var/spool/mail/ and for sending it to local users. No
12 configuration necessary. cron and other software will automatically use
13 it.
14
15 Kind regards, tastytea
18 Get my PGP key with `gpg --locate-keys tastytea@××××××××.de` or at