From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard not working as user, works as root (kde)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:07:34
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Monday 23 November 2009 00:31:41 Zeerak Waseem wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Do you have consolekit in USE?
5 >>> If so, is it configured properly?
6 >>>
7 >>> There's an elog about it, it displays when you emerge the
8 >>> relevant X package
9 >>>
10 >> I do have consolekit as a useflag (default on profile it seems),
11 >>
12 > but I'm
13 >
14 >> not sure where to configure it, and what will a working
15 >>
16 > configuration
17 >
18 >> look like?
22 > Actually, consolekit is the worng thing (I was confused with other
23 > mails elsewhere). Your problem is probably hal related. You have
24 > two options:
25 >
26 > - read the masses of info already on the intartubes discoverable
27 > via Google
28 > - listen to Dale when he invariably chips in about hal.
33 Say what? Me, chip in on hal? I want to bury the thing. Phooey on
34 chipping in.
35
36 If it is hal, put this in package.use
37
38 x11-base/xorg-server -hal
39
40 After that, re-emerge xorg-server and it's little friends if needed.
41 Make sure you still have your old faithful xorg.conf file in place.
42 Restart X and hope it is working again.
43
44 To think I would chip in on hal. Phh! lol
45
46 Dale
47