From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard not working as user, works as root (kde)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:04:33
1 On Monday 23 November 2009 00:31:41 Zeerak Waseem wrote:
2 > > Do you have consolekit in USE?
3 > > If so, is it configured properly?
4 > >
5 > > There's an elog about it, it displays when you emerge the
6 > > relevant X package
7 >
8 > I do have consolekit as a useflag (default on profile it seems),
9 but I'm
10 > not sure where to configure it, and what will a working
11 configuration
12 > look like?
15 Actually, consolekit is the worng thing (I was confused with other
16 mails elsewhere). Your problem is probably hal related. You have
17 two options:
18
19 - read the masses of info already on the intartubes discoverable
20 via Google
21 - listen to Dale when he invariably chips in about hal.
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com