From: Zeerak Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard not working as user, works as root (kde)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:10:32
1 On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:04:17 +0100, Alan McKinnon
2 <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sunday 22 November 2009 22:26:36 Zeerak Waseem wrote:
5 >> Hey,
6 >>
7 >> I did an update lat night and my keyboard stopped working. What
8 > makes me
9 >> wonder though is that if x starts on it's own then i can type
10 > my password
11 >> and i get in, and then the keyboard stops working. If i change
12 > to another
13 >> tty and start x as root, there are no such issues (also
14 > starting x as user
15 >> from tty doesn't do anything about the keyboard not working).
16 >>
17 >> These are the packages the update pulled in:
18 >>
19 >> x11-libs/libX11-1.3.2
20 >> 11-libs/libvdpau-0.3
21 >> app-admin/eselect-1.2.8
22 >> www-client/opera-10.10_pre4742
23 >>
24 >> I tried downgrading to a stable build of libX11 but that didn't
25 > seem to
26 >> change anything.
27 >>
28 >> I'm using a laptop and don't have an extern keyboard at hand to
29 > test. What
30 >> does more to boggle me is that the touchpad is functioning as
31 > it should.
34 > Do you have consolekit in USE?
35 > If so, is it configured properly?
36 >
37 > There's an elog about it, it displays when you emerge the
38 > relevant X package
44 I do have consolekit as a useflag (default on profile it seems), but I'm
45 not sure where to configure it, and what will a working configuration look
46 like?
47
48 (and thanks for the confirmation Dale :-) )
51 Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/