From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard not working as user, works as root (kde)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:02:36
1 On Sunday 22 November 2009 22:26:36 Zeerak Waseem wrote:
2 > Hey,
3 >
4 > I did an update lat night and my keyboard stopped working. What
5 makes me
6 > wonder though is that if x starts on it's own then i can type
7 my password
8 > and i get in, and then the keyboard stops working. If i change
9 to another
10 > tty and start x as root, there are no such issues (also
11 starting x as user
12 > from tty doesn't do anything about the keyboard not working).
13 >
14 > These are the packages the update pulled in:
15 >
16 > x11-libs/libX11-1.3.2
17 > 11-libs/libvdpau-0.3
18 > app-admin/eselect-1.2.8
19 > www-client/opera-10.10_pre4742
20 >
21 > I tried downgrading to a stable build of libX11 but that didn't
22 seem to
23 > change anything.
24 >
25 > I'm using a laptop and don't have an extern keyboard at hand to
26 test. What
27 > does more to boggle me is that the touchpad is functioning as
28 it should.
31 Do you have consolekit in USE?
32 If so, is it configured properly?
33
34 There's an elog about it, it displays when you emerge the
35 relevant X package
40 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com