From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] At last! A Qt5 version of KMail-2 - but here be dragons!
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 09:54:34
1 On Monday 19 Dec 2016 12:23:59 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 19/12/2016 11:45, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3
4 > > Has no-one else tried this upgrade?
5 >
6 > Not KMail, it stopped using that since years ago.
7 >
8 > But I do notice that a bucket load of new KDE-5 packages are hitting the
9 > tree, and despite having SLOTS 4 and 5, some of those packages are
10 > incompatible, such as audiocd-kio. I'm stuck on SLOT 4 for the time
11 > being as amarok is still codes for KDE-4 libs (unless there's a 5
12 > version in some overlay).
13 >
14 > This is all ~arch, so we are the ones who get to file the bug reports.
15 > I advise just work through the blockers till the latest batch of
16 > versions settle down and are all done.
17 >
18 > As for your executable problem, what are the owners/perms of the
19 > relevant file?
20
21 I can't tell you now because I set about another emerge -e world. The backup
22 having let me down once, I didn't trust it to be correct everywhere else.
25 Regards
26 Peter