From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo chroot with old glibc
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 01:31:30
1 > > That's what I did: I found a 2017 stage3 with a still older glibc and
2 > > managed to upgrade to a 2020 gentoo while masking the last glibc
3 > > versions. That was tricky because I had to git-checkout intermediate
4 > > versions of the portage tree in order to deal with the EAPI changes but
5 > > I have a working chroot now. Thanks.
6
7 > That's the easy way to do it, yes.
8
9 > The hard way is to treat this as a cross-compilation problem and bootstrap
10 > your own stages from scratch. Instructions would be a bit longer...
11
12 > Andreas K. Hüttel
13
14 I have looked through crossdev. Is that what it would take to cross-compile and bootstrap stages from scratch?
15
16 Could that be done from (instead of an old glibc) musl, uClibc, or FreeBSD or NetBSD?
17
18 Tom