From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFS FileSystem - Slow Writes
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:46:49
1 On 8/28/06, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com> wrote:
2 > Has anyone here, who uses XFS fs, experiencing slow filesystem writes?
3 > I'm seeing throughput of like 4-3MB/s instead of like previously
4 > 15-20MB/s.
5 > I have read that there was some thing about "barriers" and I've tried
6 > re-mounting the FS w/ "nobarriers" but the performance didn't improve.
7
8 Hmm, nothing that I have seen. I'm running 2.6.18-rc2. My xfs
9 settings look like:
10
11 carcharias rjf # sysctl -a | grep xfs
12 fs.xfs.stats_clear = 0
13 fs.xfs.inherit_nodefrag = 1
14 fs.xfs.rotorstep = 1
15 fs.xfs.inherit_nosymlinks = 0
16 fs.xfs.age_buffer_centisecs = 1500
17 fs.xfs.xfsbufd_centisecs = 100
18 fs.xfs.inherit_noatime = 1
19 fs.xfs.inherit_nodump = 1
20 fs.xfs.inherit_sync = 1
21 fs.xfs.xfssyncd_centisecs = 500
22 fs.xfs.error_level = 3
23 fs.xfs.panic_mask = 0
24 fs.xfs.irix_symlink_mode = 0
25 fs.xfs.irix_sgid_inherit = 0
26 fs.xfs.restrict_chown = 1
27
28 I would make sure you are not mounting with the sync option, or have
29 anything with the sync flag set (chattr/lsattr). I have seen that
30 result in performance like you describe...
31
32 -Richard
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list