From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Development framework with access restriction?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 23:51:25
1 >>> svn can restrict access to directories
2 >>>
3 >>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2288810/how-to-restrict-svn-repository-user-account-to-one-directory
4 >>
5 >>That would be perfect if it allowed access per file instead of per
6 >>directory.  I thought about re-arranging the layout to accommodate
7 >>that limitation but I don't think it makes sense.
8
9 After more research, I think subversion's path-based authorization
10 *does* in fact work with files and not just folders. This might be
11 the solution I've been looking for. I will report back on this after
12 more research.
13
14 > do you not want him to change it or do you not want him to be able to
15 > read your code?
16
17 I do not want him to be able to read or write any files except for the
18 specific file or files I want him to work on. This becomes
19 complicated because he needs to be able to test his changes in a
20 working version of the system as he goes. The files to be worked on
21 contain server-side website code all of which I don't want to give
22 away to the dev.
23
24 - Grant