From: Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Development framework with access restriction?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 06:44:53
1 >> svn can restrict access to directories
2 >>
3 >> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2288810/how-to-restrict-svn-repository-user-account-to-one-directory
4 >
5 >That would be perfect if it allowed access per file instead of per
6 >directory. I thought about re-arranging the layout to accommodate
7 >that limitation but I don't think it makes sense.
8
9 do you not want him to change it or do you not want him to be able to
10 read your code?
11
12 if you do not want him to read your code i'm guessing thats because of
13 hardcoded DB-passwords etc?
14 move them into config files. or checkout a working copy and replace the
15 passwords with dummy strings.
16
17 if you just don't want him to change your code (or after you cleaned
18 out the things he is not allowed to read) you could import it into git,
19 have him clone the repository and make all his changes/developments.
20 then pull his changes and *carefully* observe the merge to make sure
21 nothing of your code gets changed.