From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X11 monster rebuild forced? Can I defer it?
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 14:34:18
1 A couple of days ago my usual emerge -aDvu world came up with a monster
2 list of blocked packages -- the switchover to modular x11 is apparently now
3 obligatory. Or is it something I did to make it spill over?
4
5 In any event, the web page on the topic says it's best to shut down X
6 during this (unlike prior x11 upgrades). I'd like to choose the time to take
7 my system down -- I rely on it. My recent KDE rebuild took a bit over 36 hours
8 not counting a failure in the middle that required manual reordering of
9 emerges. I suppose this one will be similar.
10
11 So: is there something simple I can do to make portage ignore this update
12 but allow unrelated ones to go through? Then I'll probably do the upgrade
13 when I'm done teaching summer school.
14
15 ++ kevin
18 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
19 --